Sacred Ritual Sourdough Loaf
I have been obsessed lately with perfecting my sourdough bread, and its been a journey for sure.
I thought I would try give something a try and it turned out pretty delicious so wanted to share with any other sourdough fanatics out there :)
A delicious chocolaty flavour with that hint of chilli still shining through!. You can eat it plain or top with peanut butter and banana for a real filling healthy kick! And even toast it! YUMMM!
Freezes Well Too ;)
- 525g Young* Sourdough Starter* (SS)
- 1/2 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Sacred Ritual Balance Blend
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 100g Flour*
- Add SS to Bowl (plastic or glass), Stir in the sugar, salt baking powder, baking soda.
- Stir in the buttermilk
- Add the Sacred Ritual Blend and Flour.
- Bake in a loaf tin on 190 degrees for 40 mins.
*Mine is Organic Rye Flour
*Feed the night before and had flattened or (could use the discard)
*I used homemade from making my own butter, but could substitute for soy milk for vegans.
*I used Organic Whole Wheat Bakers Flour